Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Ninten character reference


Oh yeah, M1AA isn't dead.

Yessire, you better believe it! I'm working on M1AA again! As mentioned in a previous post, I'm kinda starting over and redoing episode 1 again in order to have some sort of path/story to follow before I animate each episode. With that being said, I have plans for a proper intro and making references for the main characters. This one is for Ninten.
(I'm gonna copy and paste this part from my DeviantART post because I don't know how to reword it in another way:) If you've been following my M1AA series, you'll know that Ninten's last name was Douglas and not Doe. Well, I've done some thinking and decided on Doe for the pun "Nintendo" (because Ninten Doe). I had a poll on the Earthbound Amino and more people voted for his last name to be Doe as well. So, I'm changing his last name to Doe. If you think about it, it's totally fine, as he's called Ninten because of the game manual— not enough room for "Nintendo," so "Ninten" was entered. I'm keeping his middle name, Kennathan, as a reference to the Japanese Mother 1 novel; his name was Ken in the novel, but I think "Ninten Kennathan Doe" sounds better than "Ninten Ken Doe."


I also redrew the M1AA logo, so it looks like this:
The original one I drew looked like this:


The new one is basically redrawn from the actual, original MOTHER logo, with "Animated Adventures" traced from the pixel font that the original MOTHER game used. It's not exact, but close.

Hopefully I can draw up a new background to this blog and have some animation progress on the intro. I actually started a new BG on Paint Tool SAI, but never finished it.

 Remember: animation isn't easy, especially when you have a life!

1 comment:

  1. Hey I really like this idea of yours! Let me know if you ever need any male or female voice actors! I hope you can really get this project going smoothly!

    ReplyDelete